We would like to discuss our inclement weather plan. Our first and most important priority is to insure the safety of all our families. While the decision to open, close, or delay the school start time can be complicated due to changing and unpredictable weather occurrences, it is our goal to inform our families as soon as possible using a variety of communication methods.
We will exercise one of the following options depending on weather conditions:
1. Schools will OPEN AT REGULAR TIMES, 7am-6pm
2. Schools will open on a 2-HOUR DELAYED START, 9am-6pm
3. Schools will CLOSE. If the decision to close is necessary, all scheduled school events, community events that utilize school facilities, etc. will be cancelled.
How does Flance Early Learning Center make the decision to cancel school?
WHAT ARE THE CONSIDERATIONS?
- First and foremost, we take into consideration the safety of our children, families and teachers.
- Secondly, we understand that families need to go to work, so the decision to close is a serious decision.
- Third, we need to assess the storms intensity, timing and length of storm.
- Fourth, the temperature and wind chill. This is a concern, particularly since we serve infants and toddlers.
- Finally, we need to consider our own ability to manage our own parking lot and sidewalks.
HOW IS THE DECISION IS MADE?
- We listen to the weather forecast and the impact the forecast will have on our families.
- We assess the area school closures.
- We discuss with other members of our administrative team.
- Then, we make the decision.
HOW WILL YOU KNOW IF FLANCE IS CLOSED?
You can watch and listen for school closings and late starts on the following station:
- KMOV Channel 4 look for THE FLANCE EARLY LEARNING CENTER
- KSDK Channel 5 look for FLANCE EARLY LEARNING CENTER
- Flance Early Learning Center Facebook page
- Flance front website page, flancecenter.org
Stay warm and safe!
Kenisha Stallings (Director of Operations) and Snezhana Chiecsek
(Director of Early Education)